Established in 2009 by Martin Moshal, the Moshal Scholarship Program currently provides scholarships to over 700 Moshal Scholars in Israel, South Africa and the Ukraine to enable determined young people from challenging backgrounds to attend the top universities in their home countries.
Our purpose is to help tenacious and determined students who, without our support, would find it difficult to make the journey to university and reach their potential at university and in their careers. We support ambitious and highly motivated students from challenging backgrounds, to obtain high quality, sought-after degrees that lead to successful careers. To develop a range of soft skills, values and attributes in our Moshal Scholars that support their evolution into resilient, responsible and respected people in their lives and workplaces.
We ONLY support degrees from the following Universities:
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- University of Cape Town
- Rhodes University
- University of Stellenbosch
- Nelson Mandela University
We ONLY support these courses:
- Commerce / actuary / accounting
- Medicine / pharmacy
- Information technology / computer science
- South African citizen.
- 60% and upwards for English, Maths and Science based on grade 11 and mid-term results.
- Accepted as a student who is eligible to register with ONLY universities we support.
- Students who are financially needy or who are supported by pensioners.
- Applicant will undergo a rigorous assessment.
- Only those who apply before the closing date will be considered.
- Meet the criteria of R100 000 household income per annum but we require supporting documents from you and we verify this independently.
- We only support one member per family.
- If you meet these criteria, it doesn’t mean you will be granted a scholarship.
- If you don’t meet these criteria, we cannot take your application further.