Ikusasa LeAfrika Foundation (ILAF) is a non-profit organisation based in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It was founded by Dr Zweli Mkhize. Our focus is to see community programmes become self-sustainable without undue reliance on government.
The aim of our bursary funds is to assist qualifying students who would like to pursue tertiary education. This bursary is a partnership between ILAF and Educor Group comprising Damelin, ICESA and Central Technical College (CTC).
Educor provides tertiary education via face-to-face classes, distance and online learning. They offer full-time and part-time studies, providing people from all walks of life with access to education.
Requirements: (The following requirements apply)
- South African citizen.
- Students who qualify for one of the courses offered by Educor.
- Achieved a pass mark of 50% in grade12.
- Student who have unemployed parents with a valid affidavit.
- Meet the criteria of gross household income R8333.00 per month (We require supporting documents from you and we will verify this independently).
- Application closing date: 30th November 2017.
- Only applications received before the 30th November 2017 will be considered.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a contract with ILAF.
- Applicants will be required to undergo assessments as part of the selection process.
- We only support one member per family.
Documents Required: (the following documents must accompany the application)
- Copy of your ID, plus your parent’s/guardian’s ID.
- Pay slips for parents or Affidavit for unemployed parents.
- Proof of Social Grants for parents or guardians.
- Latest Academic record (Grade 11, Matric June Exams, or latest university exams).
- 3 months’ bank statement from your parents/guardian, from all of their bank accounts.
- Copy of letter of acceptance into an approved South African university.
- Your NBT Scores.
Failure to submit all the relevant documents will result in your application being discarded. If this happens, you will not be notified.
For any further information or query please contact Mbonisi Sibisi at: 033 347 0495;